Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Heart Songs Day 20



Its a two for one night. Pink is my FAVORITE Girl Rocker. She always tells it like it is. And after the day I have had. I needed to hear her. I was driving home. Raise your glass came on the radio and I was jamming so hard that I didn't realize the light had changed....oops. Sometimes we all need to be reminded that NO matter how we look or feel that we are all awesome for those things that we feel make us less than. I think sometimes in life we can lose ourselves and forget that God made us the way we are and that we should be blessed in that. As long as we are living up to our potential then nothing should matter.

I spent the last 15 years of my life slipping away slowly from my potential. As the weight came on, I became so introverted. My light stopped shinning. I let myself get so wrapped up in bullshit that I had NO business being apart of. And when I realized what had happened, it was already to late. I was almost 300lbs overweight, sad, in a relationship that was not healthy and had lost all of my friends. I think they call it hitting rock bottom.
I have spent the last year digging myself out of that grave. Changing my life, making decision for ME and not worry about what other people think. I took my own life back. I started to show up to my own life. And I have never felt better. I raise my glass proudly and accept my flaws and imperfections. I am never giving up again. Thanks Pink for reminding me of this today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment