Sunday, June 5, 2011

Heart Song: Day 4

Perhaps my favorite of Janet songs, The Pleasure Principle is a song that I have always come back to when I am feeling a particular woe in a relationship. It always seems to apply to a number of situations, and is just a darn good.

I think Janet was on to something when she was saying that we go on this ride, and men try to sell themselves to you in the beginning take you on all kinds of twist and turns, but then for some reason it stops. I guess that is how you judge the boys from the men. 

I have yet to meet a man. Someone who is willing to put in the work day in and day out, as I am willing too. I guess it's because I am a overachiever. I go hard or go home. And lately the men I have been meeting always lead me to listening to this song when it is all said and done. 

I wanna be inspired. I wanna reach and grab stars and hand them to you and have you get so excited that you can contain yourself. I wanna make you blush and smile and laugh till milk comes out of your nose. I wanna be able to lay in the bed with you and rub your head and not have you freak out because I am touching you. I wanna grow upward and expand. 

Janet talks about part time bliss. And I think that is what I keep getting. It starts out good, but then after the new-ness wears off, it drizzles away. It's like what Carrie says on SATC, where's the sparkle. I am preparing for someone to sparkle their life away for me. I am learning to spot the duds.  

No comments:

Post a Comment