Sunday, November 27, 2011

30 days.


So. It has been 31 days since I have even looked at my blog. I guess I have been busy. Busy visiting my aunt at the hospital. Busy planning her funeral. Busy trying to figure out who the heck I am. Busy trying to figure out how my life is different and how things are constantly changing and I don't know if I am going to be able to keep up. So busy that I forgot why I even started this blog. But today I had some time to think and I realized that they reason why I started this blog may have changed but its purpose is still relevent. So I must press on and get back to the source that inspires this blog....music.

I was on a friends group page on facebook today and she has as the quote for her page "Step by Step, day by day." And it reminded me of this Whitney Houston song. And its amazing sometimes what songs can make you feel ( i know I keep saying that but its the truth) I honestly use to not like this song so much that when it would come on my CD I would skip it. But it wasn't until just a little while ago that I actually GOT what she was singing out.

This song is about making it through whatever is thrown at you. A few months ago I thought I would never be to a point where the past didn't matter, when it wouldn't be my focus day in and day out. And I think that is why I stepped away from the blog. I was tired of seeing myself on paper complain about something that wasn't going to change. But its now with the same sense of purpose I had before that I have to change the underlying theme and reinvent what this is suppose to be about... SELF DISCOVERY through music.

To quote the lyrics...
Well, there's a bridge and there's a river
That I still must cross
As I'm going on my journey
Oh, I might be lost
And there's a road I have to follow
A place I have to go
But no one told me just how to get there
But when I get there I'll know...
'Cause I'm taking it...
Step by step
Bit by bit
Stone by stone
Brick by brick
Step by step
Day by day
Mile by mile
Go your own way
So I have taken my own way on the same road as everyone else. And I will be continuing along this road with a song in my heart and skip in my step. It is when I find ME I know I will have found my way :0 )

XOXO
 

No comments:

Post a Comment