Monday, June 13, 2011

Heart Songs: Day 10


Seasons Change. I think I actually remember when this song came out. I was a big Expose fan growing up. It's to bad they didn't last. I wonder where they all are now. Theme of their songs were all sadness. I find that I have always been attracted to songs that talk about sadness. I guess that could be because I have spent most of my life sad about something. I find comfort in them. A place I could go and sit and just watch the world around me wiz by. 

What is important about this song is that they talk about how things CHANGE. Change is scary for most people. I tend to freak out when things change, even if they are for the better. I want everything to be the same all the time. Currently I am freaking out about how my body is changing. Everyday something looks different, a part that use to be bulging is now flat. I can see my belly button as it was hidden before. I can do more on this machine or I can walk up this flight of stairs. Its amazing, but I am stuck in a place where I can't enjoy it much. 

As I was contemplating this blog today, I thought about all the seasons that have come and gone and all the things that I have changed. I changed where I lived. I changed the people I associate with. I have changed jobs and most of all I have changed myself. I am growing more confident with each day. I am stronger and a fighter. I love myself a little bit more and him a little bit less. But the biggest thing I have changed is my outlook on life. I am tired of watching it pass me by. 

So this song isn't sad to me anymore but a celebration of that journey you take to transform your life. And I can only go up from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment