Friday, September 2, 2011

Death of a Relationship

Relationships die.
If I could I would have a funeral and I would play the following songs:
Because EVERY where I go I am reminded of something. We spent years crawling this part of the each together.

Because this was one of our favorite songs.

It reminds me of the night we laid up under the stars when we flew the kite in the rain.

Cause I thought I could.

For the anniversary we spent in the bar with the man passed out on the stairs outside.

For every time I left and decided to come back.

For my up and down, back and forth, on again of again feelings.

Because I finally am facing the music.

This death is a long time coming. I have steps that I am going to follow to ensure that my heart heals properly. Bur I leave the relationship here on this page from ashes to ashes, dust to dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment