Friday, September 30, 2011

What I wish you would say.


So New Edition is what started my obsession with boy bands. And like NKOTBSB they have stood the test of time. This song isn't quite 20 years old yet, but it is nostalgic nonetheless.

I wish this is what he would say to me. I wish I could wake up tomorrow and all that bad things were erased and that we were just a boy and a girl who were trying to make it. I wish things weren't complicated by infidelity and a Maury Povich episode number of baby mommas and kids running around. I wish there weren't so many lies that I can't tell what the truth is anymore. I wish I would have walked away on that September night when he said that I shouldn't love him. But all of that will still be there, no matter how many times I close my eyes and wish.

Why is this so difficult? I guess it wouldn't be worth it if it was easy. I can only come out stronger on the other side. But like the song says, "I just need one more day." And tomorrow is that and the last day.

No comments:

Post a Comment