Thursday, August 18, 2011

Heart Songs: New Beginnings Day 2

On Sunday, I had the pleasure to see this lovely lady above in concert for the fourth time. And I was reminded of the way I use to feel about meeting a new boy ( i use the term boy loosely). I remember the first time I heard this song and I was in love with someone, I can't remember who and I played this song over and over because I missed this person SOO much. It's funny how when you are young over night was a long time. You would rush to get ready for school the next morning because you would wanna get to school early so you could spend time with that person you were missing SO much while at home.

But at 33 this song has a different meaning. Boys have turned into Men and missing them is a whole different ordeal. Currently the object of my affections lives in a different time zone. As I type this it is 9pm where he lives. In an hour it will be 10pm. I sometimes forget this and call and wake him up. Or he texts me at 8 his time and I am still sleeping cause it's 7 here. There is no getting up and getting ready for work to go see him, or even seeing him when I get home from work, because he isn't just down the road or even a hour away, he is a PLANE ride away. Makes it hard when you are sick, or had a bad day and you just wanna be held. Some days I wonder if I really want to do this anymore.

But Janet reminded me that sometimes you have to be patient for what you want. We have been through so much and deciding to start over and leave the past behind was difficult, but the way I figure, if we can make it through this being a part, when we are together again, its gonna be that much more sweeet!! So I listen to this song and celebrate the feelings it invoke. But boy do I miss him much.

No comments:

Post a Comment