Thursday, October 6, 2011

Silence...


I haven't had any songs floating around in my head for the past few days. It's like someone has turned off the Top 40 radio in my head. No 80's tunes to envote feeling, no 90's punk to rock out too. Just dead air. It makes it quite difficult to work on a blog that is all about SONGS, when you can't hear any music. It's like the sea has calmed a bit. Music is such an important part of my life that I can't imagine it with out it. I am questioning if my soundtrack is finished. I feel like Edward does when he talks with Bella. He can't see or hear her thoughts, always wondering what is coming next. I look in the mirror and see a completely different person staring back. Which in some ways is AWESOME, you know weight loss and all, but then there is a part of that face that is still trying to figure this mess all out.

I have spent so much time trying to "be someone" that I forgot how to be myself. The girl who LOVES television. The girl who loves movies. The girl who likes to laugh and make silly jokes. The girl who loves her family and friends. The motivator, the leader, and the MUSICIAN. Kinda crazy don't you think. How can you let a black hole suck up all that is what makes you be you. But I did. I was so busy running around trying to be something that I was not, that I forgot about all the things I was already. And at this moment, I am sad for myself because I have been missing out on it all. I have to learn to say yes more, especially to those things that could take me places where I want to be, so that when I look in the mirrow I see who I remember.

So it's quite okay I think, that the song has left my heart. Because she needs to rebuild and to remember. And today I am quite alright with that :)

So I charge you, my faithful readers to find a song, that represents my thoughts expressed here and post it in a comment. You guys may pick something I NEVER would have thought of...
XOXO

1 comment:

  1. I find the song I pick has NO words, and i think it's okay, for me it's a sad song, but there's the idea of a phoenix rising from the ashes. Sometimes there are moments in life when you need a song that doesn't have words to evoke the feelings that you need to express... so for you I present Adagio for Strings by Samuel Barber

    ReplyDelete